• Ensure that windows are not covered by signs or merchandise.
• The store’s cash register should be located so as to allow a clear view for passing motorists, pedestrians and police patrols. In the event of a robbery, a store employee will be able to note the car's description and direction of travel.
• Notify the police if suspicious persons hang around your place of business. Be especially alert at opening and closing times.
• The interior, exterior, front and rear of a business premise should be well illuminated to deter potential robbers from hiding in shadows or poorly lit areas.
• If your business is equipped with a video camera, ensure the system is working. Regularly clean and inspect the video equipment. Ensure proper camera alignment of the cash register and/or doorway area
• Do not keep large amounts of cash on the premise
• Use a drop safe or night deposit. DO NOT carry money in sight
Back to Tips