Protect your Home - DOORS
Doors are the primary route of entry and exit for most burglars, so it’s vital you secure them effectively. You can improve home security by making simple adjustments to your front door. This section contains advice and tips to help you improve security within your home.
- The door should be fitted with a 5 lever mortice deadlock.
- Ensure that the frame is strong and will support the door, hinges and lock.
- Make sure the door is suitable for external use and is a minimum of 45mm thick.
- Letterboxes should have an internal cover plate.
- For additional safety and security, fit a spy hole and door chain.
- Do not leave house keys in or near the door as they can get removed through the letterbox.
The back garden is the most vulnerable part of a house and requires careful attention to security. The back door offers vital protection for a house and can deter burglars from committing a burglary.
Back to Tips