Criminal Activity Tips
Reporting Suspicious Activity
The public's assistance is critical to aiding law enforcement who are working to keep our community safe. No one knows what goes on in our neighbourhood better than our local citizens. Police Officers rely on the instincts and perceptions of citizens to detect activity that is out of the ordinary. Always remember, your safety comes first. Look out for the following:
- A person or vehicle stays in the same place for an unusual length of time.
- A parked car with the engine running- regardless of a person inside or not.
- A person behaves strangely or exhibits unusual movements, looks out of place, or is wandering aimlessly.
- A person concealing an object, carrying a weapon or suspicious bag.
- A person looking into cars, moving from car to car, and/or tries door handles.
- A person looking into windows of homes, or forcibly entering a car or home.
- A person running from a home for no apparent reason, especially at night.
- A person carrying/transporting unusual/valuable objects, day or night.
- A person sells/conducts business out of their car, van, truck, or other vehicle.
- A vehicle drives around your block frequently, slowing down, speeding up.
- A vehicle without lights on, arriving or leaving at night.
- A person you don’t know offering sweets or gifts to children.
- A person leaving a neighbour’s house who isn’t the neighbour or someone you recognize or uniformed.
Back to Tips